Sometimes all you need to do is put a new twist on an old favorite. Chicken, rice, and veggies is the world's go-to fitness food, but let's be honest, it can get old. If you have a couple tricks up your sleeve to upgrade the same old meal, it can become something brand new!
Today, we made Cilantro Lime Chicken Kabob, with herbed basmati rice and Mediterranean salad. This meal is SO good, and you can customize the portions to fit your dietary requirements. Let's dive into the ingredients you'll need and how to make it.
Cleaned Chicken Breast, Cubed
Non-fat Greek Yogurt
Finely Chopped Dill
2 Chopped Cucumber
1 Chopped Tomato
1/2 Chopped Onion
1 Tbsp Parsley
1. Season your chicken in salt, pepper, and garlic, and then let it marinate in a mixture of non-fat greek yogurt and Cilantro Lime Ranch. You can marinate overnight or while you're preparing your other ingredients.
2. Add 1 cup of rinsed basmati rice with 1/4 cup of dill to 1-2/3 cups of boiling water. Cover and bring to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Mix your chopped veggies with your parsley, a little pan spray, and half a lemon squeezed overtop.
4. Spray your pan and place your chicken in at medium-high heat until browned on all sides and thoroughly cooked. Alternatively, you can use an air-fryer.
5. Make your plate, squeeze a little lemon over everything, and add a little extra Cilantro lime Ranch over your chicken and enjoy!